What Sets JME Technologies Apart?
Plain and simple: our people. We are a diverse mix of seasoned professionals. We continually focus on training to maintain expertise on new and evolving technologies. Encouraging our employees to branch out and stretch their areas of proficiency is part of our culture.
Our employees are certified engineering and technical professionals who build excellent customer relationships and thrive in a client site environment. JME has opportunities for new talent in these areas. Please click here for job listings and contact us if you are interested in pursuing a career with us.
These are general descriptions of the kind of talent we have and seek at JME. Actual job qualifications and desired skills may vary depending on individual opportunities:
- Responsible for designing, implementing and supporting a custom coded hosting platform
- Experience designing, developing, deploying, and providing support for data-driven custom Applications that utilize SQL (such as Microsoft or MySQL) or Oracle databases as the back end infrastructure.
- Experience developing web applications that have interactive, modern, dynamic user interfaces using HTML5 and CSS or equivalent methodologies.
- Experience with one or more successful projects that included data migration between two unrelated technologies or platforms.
- Experience creating and maintaining application security and user access solutions for Enterprise web-based applications using LDAP Group Permissions and other accepted industry best practices.
- Provides testing support for software products through manual and automated testing.
- Develops and executes detailed test plans, procedures and scenarios for unit, process, function, system integration and acceptance testing.
- Consults with the development and/or requirements teams to coordinate and test applications
- Develops schedules
- Creates automated test scripts
- Tests applications for compliance with upgrades; ensure new applications and software modifications meet requirements and operate satisfactorily in the system environment
- Builds test environments to include configuring and installing appropriate software
- Experience delivering large-scale, big data production systems design based on scalable share-nothing architectures.
- Experience developing in multiple languages/technologies to include: Java/J2EE, C++, C, Perl, Hadoop, PHP, Ruby.
- Experience working in the following environments: JVM, Linux, Mac, Unix, Windows.
- Experience advising, architecting, and building large-scale systems using open source software as a platform to integrate multiple proprietary technologies into unified analytic with visualization capabilities.
- Assists in project/program team reviews.
- Assists managing the workload of the team as well as provide timely status reports to management.
- Requires a deep, broad technical knowledge and experience with architecture, infrastructure and configuration management.
- Serves as the CM authority for reviewing software code deliveries and managing code libraries. This work requires interaction across many groups and service providers to understand requirements, assess enterprise capabilities that fulfill these needs, and ensure services are compliant with the customer’s governance.
- Experience coordinating and performing cyber assessments, analyzing and documenting test results, documenting risk, and recommending mitigation countermeasures to identified threats, vulnerabilities, and shortfalls.
- Experience using cyber assessment tools.
- Experience reading and analyzing security plans to develop an understanding of systems and applications including making recommendations on program-level documentation (e.g., requirements specification, system architecture, design documents, test plans, security plans, etc.)/li>
- Experience performing cyber assessments on Windows and Linux platforms.
- Performs data analysis, correlation, and data enrichment using a production system.
- Experience using distributed technologies to perform data analysis, correlation, data enrichment, and data exploitation activities.
- Experience in the design and construction of large data models.
- Experience programming in Perl, Python, C, C++, and Java
- Experience with technical deep-dives into code, networking, operating systems and storage yet verbally and cognitively agile enough to hold their own in a strategy discussion.
- Experience in the areas of information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression.
- Experience architecting and engineering reliability into code, infrastructure, OS, network and processes to help a variety of platforms and environments scale.
- Installs, configures, upgrades and supports production and development databases, loading data into Oracle databases from files.
- Implements database backup and restores.
- Trouble shooting and making recommendations and respoves database performance issues.
- Writes SQL, PL/SQL programs and Shell scripts, designs schemas, tunes SQL and improves application logic
- Uses a proactive approach to identify and improve databases performance.
- Tests and implements new Oracle features, migrates/upgrades databases and applies Oracle patches.
- Leads requirements gathering, project schedules and business agreements.
- Helps migrate current processes to the Cloud and to the next generation of technology.
- Establishes a team schedule for deliverables, prepares and documents the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the team, and prepares the master schedule to ensure the sprints align with the other business units.
- Duties may include: leading Agile sprint planning sessions, generating user stories and grooming the backlog; coordinating meetings with customers, preparing briefings, attending meetings, providing minutes and tracking action items; preparing briefings for executive-level managers and stakeholders
- Works with other team members to achieve the objectives of the project to which they are assigned.
- Responsible for the overall management of the specific project(s) and insuring that the technical solutions and schedules are implemented in a timely manner.
- Responsible for all aspects of the project including cost schedules, documentation preparation and customer interaction and ensures that all control gates are met on schedule.
- Analyze and study complex system requirements.
- Design software tools and subsystems to support software reuse and domain analyses and manage their implementation.
- Translate detailed design into computer software.
- Implement COTS packages.
- Test, debug, and refine the computer software to produce the required product.
- Prepare required documentation, including both program-level and user-level documentation.
- Enhance software to reduce operating time or improve efficiency.
- Provide technical guidance in software engineering techniques and automated support tools.
- Leads, manages, maintains and operates physical and virtual servers and other infrastructure components that support complex applications.
- Depending on the assignment, requires skills in Linux, Solaris and/or Windows.
- Requires a complete array of expert system administration skills, including but not limited to server clustering, SAN storage management, LDAP, scripting, and other related supporting skills.
- Assesses systems related problems, develops concrete action plans to achieve greater efficiencies and meet strategic goals.
- Requires both a hands-on/tactical approach as well as strategic, from analyzing business needs at the project level to providing advice and counsel at the strategic level to review boards, and to senior-level managers on systems infrastructure capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations.
- Provides analysis and recommendations on the organization’s infrastructure and internal processes to help support the architectural strategy, technology migration, integration and evolution toward the parent organizations strategic goals.
- Resolves discrepancies between proposed IT systems and enterprise quality and security standards.
- Coordinates and leads outreach efforts, as well as works with mission partners to integrate requirements.
- Responsible for developing, documenting, and revising system design procedures, test procedures, and quality standards of new deliverables.
- Advises on new techniques and estimated costs associated with the new products.
- Researches, facilitates, and develops data sharing partnerships in support of the customer.
- Ability to identify, analyze, and define system IT needs.
- Apply knowledge of enterprise IT needs to design improved processes, generate valid requirements, and ensure these are consistent with the enterprise technical architecture.
- Act as an adviser to IT system engineers and propose changes to the enterprise technical architecture based on analysis of requirements and new technology.
- Work with appropriate parties to resolve discrepancies between proposed IT systems and enterprise quality and security standards.
- Installs, configures, tests and maintains operating systems, application software and system management tools.
- Proactively ensures the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Monitors and tests application performance for potential bottlenecks, identifies possible solutions, and works with developers to implement fixes.
- Writes and maintains custom scripts to increase system efficiency.
- Participates in the design of information and operational support systems.
- Creates, drafts and/or reviews program documentation.
- Generates formal review documentation, and participates in system and program reviews.
- Reviews program plans, identifies inconsistencies.
- Coordinates, supports and participates in program meetings and reviews.
- Assists in the evaluation of software and associated documentation.
- Participates in formal and informal reviews to determine quality.
- Tracks project studies, plans, actions items, takes minutes, etc.
- Provides frequent contact with customers, trace ability within program documents, and the overall computing environment and architecture.
- Experience developing highly interactive custom web sites and interactive applications from concept phase through final deployment.
- Experience developing cleanly-coded, front-end prototypes for client web sites.