Wednesday, 10 April, 2019
This position is for an experienced Virtualization Engineer with extensive experience using VMware technologies who will:
• Work with project teams to design secure, reliable virtualization based solutions for an enterprise system with very stringent security controls, in a time sensitive and deadline driven environment.
• Configure, troubleshoot and manage a complex virtual system implementation to include: installation, backups, patch maintenance, performance tuning, hardware/software installs, de-installs, upgrades, and relocations to ensure no operational impacts occur.
• Ensure system alignment with Best Practices and existing infrastructure, capabilities, and configuration.
• Develop detailed plans, configuration, management and other documentation for virtualization aspects of the system.
• Perform system performance monitoring and tuning and host maintenance.
• Collaborate with the Help Desk and provide support for all virtualization related issues.
TS/SCI with Poly
1. Demonstrated experience with system virtualization design, implementation, provisioning and management.
2. Demonstrated min experience up to 1 year work with VMWare’s NSX.
3. Demonstrated experience in each of the following:
a) Hitachi FC and other ‘block storage’
b) VMWare’s Site Recovery Manager (SRM)
c) UNIX and Windows Design
d) RDBMS (Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase, and MySQL) design and tuning
e) Infrastructure Design / DR Design
f) Software Design
g) Systems Security
4. Demonstrated experience with Microsoft technologies.
5. Demonstrated experience with Citrix Hypervisors and VMware technologies.
6. Demonstrated experience ensuring high availability of virtual environment.
7. Demonstrated experience with virtual environment performance tuning and optimization.
8. Demonstrated experience in disaster recovery.
9. Demonstrated experience in implementation and release of virtual environment changes.
10. Demonstrated experience designing and managing virtual environment security.
1. Demonstrated experience with Amazon web Services.
2. Demonstrated experience documenting and producing/review briefings as part of engineering lifecycle.