Wednesday, 09 January, 2019
The chosen candidate will be part of the Sponsor’s development team using Java/J2EE, UNIX/Linux, Apache, and cross platform mobile app development technologies. The team works in a fast paced collaborative and agile environment, following Scrum/Kanban methodologies. This is a small team working within an environment with multiple large, high-energy, high-performing teams in which developers frequently share thoughts and skills. The right candidate will have the opportunity to focus on building systems that support applications to be delivered on multiple end point devices, including tablets, desktops/laptops, and potentially, smart phones.
The candidate will be involved in all aspects of the software development lifecycle. The candidate will be expected to assist with architecture, design and development, user experience development, documentation, unit testing, delivery and maintenance. The successful candidate will be interfacing with partner teams to provide common services, device agnostic apps, and libraries. The candidate will be participating in code reviews and code analysis, as well as be expected to deliver top quality products. This will include being expected to identify and fix any defects as part of quality assurance. The successful candidate will work directly with the customers and end users to design and implement solutions for pushing internal enterprise applications out to mobile devices. The team works in an informal environment where constant change is the norm and the bar for quality is set high.
TS/SCI with Poly
2. Demonstrated experience with two or more of the following tools or methods: Ant, Git, Subversion, Maven, test-driven development.
3. Demonstrated experience with REST services.
4. Demonstrated experience working in Agile teams.
5. Demonstrated experience working in AWS cloud services.
1. Demonstrated experience with mobile application development for Android using Android studio or iOS using Apple Xcode IDE.
2. Demonstrated experience developing robust J2EE, C#, VUE applications.
3. Demonstrated experience with other mobile application development tools such as PhoneGap or for Windows mobile environments.
4. Demonstrated experience with open source products and tools.
5. Demonstrated experience with Agile and full life-cycle software development.
6. Demonstrated experience translating requirements into end-to-end design for applications that involve multiple interfaces to other applications and supporting data repositories.
7. Demonstrated experience with building mobile apps for content aggregation.
8. Demonstrated experience exhibiting troubleshooting and debugging skills.
9. Demonstrated experience developing applications in Sponsor's cloud environments.