Monday, 11 February, 2019
The customer provides IT Web applications software full-life cycle design, development, deployment and O&M of application solutions within the sponsors Enterprise IT Directorate as a Franchised Mission supporting team. The candidate will provide application development Cloud Architecture and services specific to cloud hosting requirements within the sponsor’s applications offerings. The candidate will maintain and build technical working relationships with customers positioning the team to innovate new approaches to service solutions. They will produce software prototypes to demonstrate application of design. They will monitor trends in system architecture and software development and engineering; design, develop, deploy and support software code as cloud solutions. They will provide architectural guidance by designing the project software and application solutions consistent with the strategic direction of the Sponsor and industry. The Application Architects will support O&M of approximately 35 active applications, configure and re-host legacy services off virtual servers making them cloud based services on a broader scale. The work requires advanced understanding of emerging cloud based technologies, industry trends and directions and relevant security requirements to follow courses of innovation. They will work closely with the sponsor’s project management office, group and directorate leadership officers to explain and pitch technology to audience understanding. The host team size is approximately 30 experts, most of which are Cloud technology trained, a supporting PMO, Technical Director, and lead staff manager. Collaboration with other franchised applications teams is common place and encouraged to leverage the best approaches and borrowing of expertise to meet significant mission challenges.
TS/SCI with Poly
1. Amazon Solutions Architect Certification
1. Demonstrated experience deploying applications using Amazon Web Services.
2. Demonstrated experience evaluating new technologies and communicating their benefits.
3. Demonstrated experience creating a DevOps environment.
4. Demonstrated Architected solutions experience solving complex, ETL, search, high availability and database hosting solutions.
5. Demonstrated experience with DevOps tools, similar to Jenkins, GitHub, Puppet.
6. Demonstrated experience assisting Application Developers and System Administrators achieve working solutions within the sponsor's cloud infrastructure.
7. Demonstrated experience creating AWS Cloud Formation templates to establish repeatable environments inside the sponsor's commercial cloud services.
8. Demonstrated experience with knowledge of the full software development life cycle.
9. BS Degree in Computer Science.
2. Demonstrated experience designing search solutions (like Solr) within cloud based environments.