Monday, 11 February, 2019
IT Program Manager
The Sponsor has a need for a Project Manager who will assist a dynamic team of software engineers and applications developers. Responsibilities will include developing, coordinating, and evaluating integration project plans including budget management, de-conflicting resource schedules across multiple internal and international engagements within the portfolio; maintaining resource and expenditure information within Primavera (P6) for the program; understanding technical requirements; and providing support to the sponsor task manager; assisting in the execution of Agile software development scrums; assisting in the development of training materials for a variety of system implementations; assisting with procurement tracking and receipt; and handling other IT integration-type projects as needed. The PM is a highly detail-oriented; motivated self-starter; organized; with excellent communication skills; and who as a passion of excellence and who values education, integrity, innovation, and success.
The selected candidate for the position will provide a technical understanding of relationships, dependencies and requirements of hardware and software components. This individual will support the technical team with essential IT Operation and reporting activities necessary for deployments and unplanned or planned system outages. This individual will also work closely to assist the sponsor project management with the annual portfolio management and build exercises and will draft and maintain technical documentation and information regarding overall systems environments and architectures. This individual will participate in technical exchange meetings with internal and external development teams, interfacing frequently with mission customers to ensure system support needs are addressed.
TS/SCI with Poly
1. Demonstrated experience as an IT Project Manager, providing program and project management support.
2. Demonstrated experience tracking and responding to short turn around project related action items, often technical in nature, soliciting and compiling responses from all parties.
3. Demonstrated experience using the Primavera (P6) Project Management tool for staffing, budget planning and control, program process and management reporting, entering resources against a set number of hours and updating workload and requirements in compliance with the program budget.
4. Demonstrated experience working with software engineers and applications developers within the Agile development methodology and the PM Framework.
5. Demonstrated experience facilitating technical development team discussions and collaborating with mission personnel to translate requirements into project plans.
6. Demonstrated experience with the MS office suite with the ability to prepare technical and non-technical briefings/presentations for use at the executive level.
7. Demonstrated experience multi-tasking in a fast paced and demanding technical environment.
8. Demonstrated experience with tools used by sponsor to include requesting system accesses, creation and transfer of accounts and additions to groups in support of technical resources joining or departing the project.
1. Demonstrated experience with asset management, procurement or general supply chain methodologies in support of technical capabilities needed for software development.
2. Demonstrated experience supporting project/program management with all aspects of the process for the sponsors annual budget build portfolio management exercise.
3. Working level understanding of the entire software development methodology from cradle to grave - requirements elicitation analysis and decomposition, systems design/development, software validation, deployment, and maintenance activities.
4. Demonstrated experience as a requirements manager, maintaining and monitoring an issue tracking or risk management burn-down tracking application to ensure project success.
5. Bachelor’s Degree in a Science or Systems Engineering related discipline.
6. Demonstrated experience as a Project Manager or IT Portfolio Manager.
7. Demonstrated experience in the systems engineering, object oriented analysis, design and software validation.