Thursday, 06 December, 2018
The Sponsor is seeking a highly motivated individual to assist with design, development, and deployments to an existing high-profile enterprise API Portal. This individual will bring new ideas and perspectives to an already talented development/engineering team in an agile DevOps environment.
• Developing detailed specifications and designs inside an agile environment
• Creating technical documentation and working from a story board
• Designing solutions from both ground up as well as augmenting existing baselines
• Managing and working within the code deployment process using DevOps best practices
• Validating and testing code (including peer review and automated unit testing)
• Deployments and responsibility for health of a heavily used production system
The Sponsor is seeking a strong, multi-disciplinary (well-rounded) developer who has skillsets in a variety of IT technologies. The candidate will work in an integrated test-driven development environment that is highly reliant on DevOps, AWS, and related emerging technologies. The candidate will be expected to provide independent working ability as well as teamwork skills to provide resilient and creative solutions. Team members are expected to develop new functionality, as well as provide recommendations/upgrades on existing systems. The candidate will be responsible for assisting with daily operations and maintenance, which includes assisting with the extension, enhancement, refactoring, and architecture of the existing software and responding to a variety of ad hoc requests.
This position will join an integrated project team and new team members will be expected to work closely with a variety of skill sets, such as Project Managers, System Engineers, Developers, and Architects.
TS/SCI with Poly
1. Demonstrated experience performing software design and development.
2. Demonstrated experience writing/transforming/extending code in Java using modern build tools (Maven or Gradle preferred) and IDEs (Eclipse or IntelliJ preferred).
3. Demonstrated experience working with software version control tools (Git/GitHub preferred).
4. A working knowledge of automated testing techniques (code coverage analysis, unit testing, mocking, and integration testing preferred).
5. Demonstrated experience in working in Windows and Linux environments.
1. Demonstrated experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
2. Demonstrated experience with Java software development frameworks such as Spring/Spring Boot or similar.
3. Demonstrated experience with the Sponsor’s PKI infrastructure and related tools (x.509, OpenSSL, OAuth, LDAP).
4. Demonstrated experience building REST API services in Java and a working knowledge of the HTTP protocol.
6. Demonstrated experience writing Linux shell scripts (bash preferred).
7. A working knowledge of DevOps tools and technologies such as Jenkins, Rundeck, and Nexus.
8. A working knowledge of HTTP Gateway concepts, products, or frameworks.