Tuesday, February 13, 2018
(T-2238) The System Engineer will provide end-to-end system lifecycle support for all systems within the PKI and Directory Services Branch.
The System Engineer must have an extensive background in PKI Technology including OCSP, SHA1, SHA2, HSMs, system engineering, application deployment, Windows OS and Linux OS.
• Identify system integrity issues and solutions for the full system life cycle from concept to disposal.
• Perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
• Ensure designs are compatible with the architecture and allocate requirements to segments.
• Analyze science, engineering, business, and all other data processing problems for application to electronic data processing systems.
• Analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems; and review computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations.
• May analyze or recommend commercially available software.
• Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
• Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, cost estimation, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
• Provide staff and users with assistance solving computer related problems, such as malfunctions and program problems.
• Test, maintain, and monitor computer programs and systems, including coordinating the installation of computer programs and systems.
• Confer with clients regarding the nature of the information processing or computation needs a computer program is to address.
• Coordinate and link the computer systems within an organization to increase compatibility and so information can be shared.
• Consult with management to ensure agreement on system principles.
• Expand or modify system to serve new purposes or improve workflow.
• Analyze and study complex system requirements.
• Apply the concept of operations set of disciplines for the planning, analysis, design and construction of information systems across a major sector of the organization.
• Develop analytical and computational techniques and methodology for problem solutions.
• Perform strategic systems planning, business information planning, business and analysis.
• Analyze functional business applications and design specifications for functional activities.
• Develop block diagrams and logic flow charts. Translate detailed design into computer software.
• Prepare required documentation, including both program-level and user-level documentation.
• Apply business process improvement practices to re-engineer methodologies and principles and business process modernization projects.
• Apply, as appropriate, activity and data modeling, transaction flow analysis, internal control and risk analysis and modern business methods and performance measurement techniques.
• Assist in establishing standards for information systems procedures.
• Construct sound, logical business improvement opportunities consistent with the CIM guiding principles, cost savings, and open system architecture objectives.
TS/SCI with Poly
Systems Architect - L1
Thursday, December 28, 2017
(T-2308) The System Architect shall be responsible for supporting the Analytics Cell’s process related to management of its IT infrastructure and Amazon Web Services (AWS). The infrastructure provides an enterprise capability to collect, integrate and organize the audit records of system, application and user activity in support of the client’s cyber security mission.
He/she will join our group in providing remote and onsite support for AWS, data integration and architecture, software, servers, firewalls, and desktop software in both a physical and virtual environment. The Candidate should expect to perform a wide variety of IT support ranging from simple desktop and peripheral support to complex server and network issues as dictated by client request and workload. Candidates must also be willing to work directly with all types of clients and internal staff, from technical to the very non-technical, and be ready to act as a mentor to non-Senior level technical staff. Only candidates with recent experience working as the top-level, go-to-technical resource for escalations will be considered. The System Architect will also assist our project team as needs dictate and will spearhead complex client projects on his/her own as needed.
Responsibilities include developing and maintaining the AWS architecture to include servers, storage and access points.
Responsibilities also include maintaining the Microsoft 2012 R2 infrastructure to include Active Directory, Group Policy and associated utility servers like ePolicy and WSUS.
TS/SCI with Poly
System Architect - L1
• AWS Certified System Architect Certification
• Training or certifications in Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• COMP/TIA Certifications highly desired
• Training or certifications in ArchSight ESM Administrator and Analyst highly desired