Thursday, December 28, 2017
(T-2308) The System Architect shall be responsible for supporting the Analytics Cell’s process related to management of its IT infrastructure and Amazon Web Services (AWS). The infrastructure provides an enterprise capability to collect, integrate and organize the audit records of system, application and user activity in support of the client’s cyber security mission.
He/she will join our group in providing remote and onsite support for AWS, data integration and architecture, software, servers, firewalls, and desktop software in both a physical and virtual environment. The Candidate should expect to perform a wide variety of IT support ranging from simple desktop and peripheral support to complex server and network issues as dictated by client request and workload. Candidates must also be willing to work directly with all types of clients and internal staff, from technical to the very non-technical, and be ready to act as a mentor to non-Senior level technical staff. Only candidates with recent experience working as the top-level, go-to-technical resource for escalations will be considered. The System Architect will also assist our project team as needs dictate and will spearhead complex client projects on his/her own as needed.
Responsibilities include developing and maintaining the AWS architecture to include servers, storage and access points.
Responsibilities also include maintaining the Microsoft 2012 R2 infrastructure to include Active Directory, Group Policy and associated utility servers like ePolicy and WSUS.
TS/SCI with Poly
System Architect - L1
• AWS Certified System Architect Certification
• Training or certifications in Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• COMP/TIA Certifications highly desired
• Training or certifications in ArchSight ESM Administrator and Analyst highly desired
(T-98) Experienced Systems Engineer and Administrator to provide Linux engineering, software integration and Tier Three administration in the context of an automated cloud provisioning environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Design and develop solutions to complex applications problems, system administration issues, or network concerns.
• Perform systems management and integration functions within a large Linux environment.
• Analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations.
• Additional duties include: performing systems administration, maintenance, and engineering in multiple large enterprise server environments (Linux, Red Hat, CentOS).
• Collaborate with engineers or software developers to select appropriate design solutions or ensure the compatibility of system components.
• Communicate with staff or clients to understand specific system requirements.
• Develop system engineering, software engineering, system integration, or distributed system architectures.
• Direct the installation of operating systems, network or application software, or computer or network hardware.
• Direct the analysis, development, and operation of complete computer systems.
• Document design specifications, installation instructions, and other system-related information.
• Establish functional or system standards to ensure operational requirements, quality requirements, and design constraints are addressed.
• Identify system data, hardware, or software components required to meet user needs.
• Investigate system component suitability for specified purposes and make recommendations regarding component use.
• Monitor system operation to detect potential problems.
• Perform ongoing hardware and software maintenance operations, including installing or upgrading hardware or software.
• Perform security analyses of developed or packaged software components.
• Provide technical guidance or support for the development or troubleshooting of systems.
• Verify stability, interoperability, portability, security, or scalability of system architecture.
• Configure servers to meet functional specifications.
• Work as a team lead or member to evaluate and make tactical and strategic recommendations for the system architecture, architecture of the hardware, communications, data security, messaging, applications, office automation, printing, administration, support, performance, and availability.
• Lead or participate as a member of a team to assess and recommend a migration strategy to new technologies.
• Develop plans for Information Technology (IT) systems from project inception to conclusion.
• Analyze the problem and the information to be processed.
• Define the problem and develop system requirements and program specifications from which programmers prepare detailed designs, programs, and tests.
• Evaluate analytically and systematically problems of work flows, organization, and planning, and develop appropriate corrective action.
TS/SCI with Poly
Systems Engineer - L2