Thursday, September 14, 2017
This is a challenging position for an experienced Systems Integrator to work on a new, high-profile, large scale, enterprise-class application with numerous data feeds and users in 50+ organizations across the Sponsor. This candidate will work with a team of architects, systems engineers and software developers to specify, design, develop, test and deploy the end-state system. Development will take place in an iterative fashion using scrum techniques with inputs from multiple stakeholders. The work will be done in a dynamic environment with multiple stakeholders. The candidate will communicate with team leads and senior leadership and rapidly adjust direction in support of new and/or changing requirements. This effort will include a variety of activities, including: • Supporting the Program Management in all facets of leading the program to include: managing project schedules; scheduling meetings with project personnel, service partners and stakeholders; managing control gates; tracking dependencies, risks and issues; track requirements and their traceability. • Meeting with stakeholders, analyzing requirements, developing user stories and related artifacts, and translating these into software development tasks. • Mapping requirements to development tasks and test cases. • Serve as a project scrum master on tracking development tasks and backlog. • Participation in iterative software development teams with adherence to all reporting requirements. • Provides continuous coordination of progress on actions and taskings. • Working with systems engineers and architects to specify, design, develop, test and deploy the final system. • Development of technical documentation and briefing materials to support program status reviews, control gates, and other presentations as directed by program management. Reviews and edits technical documentation, as requested. • Working with other enterprise service programs to leverage their capabilities via web services integration in the final system implementation. • Coordinating and/or participating in system integration and/or user acceptance testing.
TS/SCI with Poly
Subject Matter Expert
Wednesday, September 6, 2017
The Customer is looking for an energetic, creative resource with excellent skills and a proven track record of successful technical project implementation. The Candidate will work closely with customer’s staff lead for Authentication program activities within the Sponsor's office. The individual will work within an agile development team to design, develop, integrate, test, and deploy COTS components. They will develop, maintain and enhance the components and perform installation, maintenance, and deployment of the COTS product, making configuration changes as needed. Prior knowledge of cloud technologies is helpful. The System Integrator will interface with the development teams during deployments or troubleshooting. The successful candidate will work with new and existing customers to ensure authentication and identity propagation requirements are satisfied. The individual will provide ad hoc support to project-related activities as needed and tasked by management, and will work with project management to prioritize multiple customer stories and tasking when conflicts arise. This work requires significant interaction across many customers and groups and other Service Providers to understand requirements, assess enterprise capabilities that fulfill these needs, and ensure services are compliant with customer's governance.
TS/SCI with Poly
1. AWS Certifications
The Service Manager will provide general systems integration support for Data Center Management (DCM) projects from both a data center and facilities space, power and cooling perspective. Duties to encompass all aspects of daily operations including IT electrical systems support, inventory management, cabling, rack installations, rack elevation drawings, database support, quality control, change control, access management and associated ad hoc task as required to maintain effective Tier-3 operations and high availability.
Candidates for this position will specialize in 24x7 IT Electrical Systems support and customer service to DCM customers who host equipment at B-70. While this particular position will focus on providing IT Electrical/Power support, the position requires knowledge and involvement in all other duties/tasks associated with maintaining Data Center operational stability, reliability and availability for customer hosted equipment.
- Primary responsibility/focus is on supporting the B-70 IT Electrical systems operations, maintenance, planning and implementation in support of new hosting projects, relocations, moves, add, changes or decommissioning activities.
- Provide the necessary overall general support required to maintain operational stability, reliability and availability of the DCM Enterprise Data Center to include all duties listed in the above job description and other duties as assigned.
- Plan, procure materials and install IT Electric power whips and power circuits, IPDUs to support new hosting projects.
- Plan/Coordinate removal of power whips/circuits as part of decommissioning services.
- Utilize available tools such as DCIM DCTrack and visual hands on inspections to monitor power utilization and maintain a balance of IT electrical power between three Uninterruptable Power Systems (UPS).
- Conduct TEMS with Project Managers, Hosting Customers and or Facility Engineers as required to identify, initiate or clarify tasking required for new or existing projects.
- Lead DCM efforts to plan and prepare for scheduled Electrical Utility maintenance to minimize the impact of these activities on customer service or mission.
- Utilize Enterprise Systems Management Tool (ESMT) to support change management activities.
- Contribute to the success of DCM under the CSP Cost Recovery model by ensuring exceptional customer service and efficiencies to bring in new hosting business.
TS/SCI with Poly
Systems Integrator - L2